Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Nada

I don't really have anything to say, I just feel like writing.

I'm reading this incredible book, "A Million Little Pieces" by James Frey - it's his story of being in a Drug Treatment Center. It is very hard to read because it's almost like I'm reading about myself. Granted, I've never been in rehab and have no reason to go, but the raw emotions he describes, the rage, the shame and the blame I can identify with on so many deep profound levels.

He also wrote about self injury to control his "Fury" and how by ripping off his toe nail the "Fury" was fed by his pain and diminished with the more pain he felt. He described it in such a way that I was right there with him in a sense, I knew exactly what he was talking about. What he was experiencing.

It's amazing that people who suffer from things that are miles apart in experience are so close in emotion.

No comments: