Friday, January 06, 2006

Stuff::...

My uncle was diagnosed with colon cancer on Wednesday. They are acting really fast and he is in surgery today to remove the tumor. They caught it in the earlier stages, so he should come out OK. I hope he comes out OK.

I really think he will. I'm a walking encyclopedia for biology and related subjects, so I know and understand the seriousness and possible complications. It really does look promising. The cancer hasn't metastasized, and it's a relatively small tumor. To remove the tumor they are removing one foot of the small intestine, which is good because he shouldn't have to have a colostomy bag. I really hate hospitals, but might visit him tomorrow.

This week has been fairly uneventful except for the above. Work of course is driving me crazy, but that's not far from the norm!

Finally getting my knee checked out today. For about a month and a half it's been swollen and full of fluid, I can barely walk some days. It has started popping and cracking now and when that happens I almost fall over doubled up in pain. We'll see... maybe get some good pain meds... kind of worried that my doctor is going to drain the fluid with a needle - I'm terrified of needles. Or send me for x rays where they make you contort into all kinds of painful positions that even if you weren't in pain before hand, you're certainly in pain during and after the x rays.

Going to inquire about sleeping pills as well...

Going to a couple parties this weekend, will be drinking for sure, as for pot, I don't know. I really want to but I don't want to at the same time. I KNOW I shouldn't... but what I KNOW and what I DO isn't always what is best for me.

I guess we'll see...

No comments: