Sunday, March 05, 2006

Skating

I went skating with some friends today.

It was amazing.

I was flooded with good memories of my childhood; the ones which have been tainted with the bad.

I remembered being a little girl and my father (yes, my father) was teaching me how to skate, I was clutching onto his hands for dear life. I remember giggling and how much fun it was.

I used to spend most days at the skating rink a block from my house.

It was great to be back on the ice today. To be skating, to have the cold wind in my lungs and the burn in my legs, the biggest grin on my face.

I felt free - weightless!

2 comments:

Dr. Deb said...

So important to dwell in good memories. I hope they continue to be there and flourish more often for you.

~Deb

Admin said...

Hi Survivor,
I can not remember going skating, lol, it sounds like alot of fun. I guess you will have to teach me! Good luck with that, take care have a wonderful weekend! Email soon ok